1. The 2020 Millennium Book Award is open to all authors aged eighteen (18) or over. All books must be written and submitted in English. The contest is subject to the terms and conditions set out herewith. There is no limit to the number of books an individual can enter; each book is a separate entry. Books published before the competitions closing date are eligible.
2. The Competition is hosted and run by BookViral Reviews, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kronos Publishing Ltd.
3. Participation in the Competition constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of BookViral Reviews, which are final and binding. Winning the 2020 Millennium Book Award is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4.The Competition opens on December 1st, 2019 and closes for entries on September 1st 2020 (the Competition Period). Entries that are submitted after the Competition Period will be carried over to the 2021 Millennium Book Award. Submissions will only be accepted for the duration of the Competition when submitted by email as a PDF, epub or Mobi file (kindle), along with a cover.
5 Entrants may submit multiple titles. Entry fee is £40 per title, notwithstanding multiple entry discounts, or free when submitting a book for a Fast Track 2 review option that includes free entry to the Millennium Book Award during the competition period. Entry fee (non-Fast Track 2 submittals) must be paid via PayPal or credit card. Book receipt will be acknowledged by email. Please ensure all requested fields are correctly filled in when submitting a book.
6. On or before October 1st, 2020, BookViral Reviews will select the 2020 BookViral Award longlist. BookViral Reviews will attempt to notify all longlisted authors via email. If a longlisted author cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, BookViral Reviews reserve the right to select an alternate longlisted author in his/her place from the remaining eligible entries.
7. On or before November 1st, 2020, BookViral Reviews will select the 2020 Millennium Award Finalists. BookViral Reviews will attempt to notify all Finalists via email. If a Finalist cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, BookViral Reviews reserve the right to select an alternate finalist in his/her place from the remaining shortlisted entries.
8. On or before December 1st, 2020, BookViral Reviews will select the 2020 Millennium Book Award Winner. BookViral Reviews will attempt to notify the Millennium Book Award Winner via email. If the winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, BookViral Reviews reserve the right to select an alternate Millennium Book Award Winner in his/her place from the 2020 Millennium Book Award Finalists
9. The 2020 BookViral Reviews Millennium Book Award winner will receive $3500 worth of premium promotions through BookViral Reviews for a period of 12 months as well as promoted editorial coverage. They will also be offered a publishing contract with Kronos Publishing or a licence contract, whichever is deemed most appropriate. Six shortlisted finalists will be awarded $750 worth of premium promotions for 6 months in addition to editorial coverage. All longlisted finalists will be awarded $150 of premium promotions. All aforementioned will receive digital copies of the Millennium Book Award Medallion and perpetual copyright licence. There is no cash equivalent available.
10. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Competition is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Competition is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by BookViral Reviews in its sole discretion, BookViral Reviews may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest. BookViral Reviews reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, BookViral Reviews reserves the right to seek damages (including solicitors fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by BookViral Reviews to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless BookViral Reviews, Kronos Publishing Ltd. and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Competition. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive the reimbursement of solicitor’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages
12. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Competition or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in England. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of BookViral Reviews in connection with the Competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than England.